Is your practice ready for wireless access? Do you want to offer access to your waiting room? What about HIPAA?
These are just three of many questions you need to ask yourself. There are many considerations to keep in mind when you decide to go to a wireless office. HIPAA requirements should take center stage in planning and implementing a wireless solution in your practice. Having a wireless network is a requirement in today’s medical practice. Many devices now need to be able to connect such as laptops, tablets, diagnostic devices, etc. So let’s take a look at some of the requirements:
- Secure the network hardware
- Secure the data transmissions with strong encryption
- Hide the SSID for the internal network
- Segregate your waiting room Wi-Fi from the internal network
- Keep a log of activity on the Wi-Fi network
- Create policies on the use of the wireless network
These are just a few of the issues that need to be addressed.
For a professional assessment and installation, call our office at 480-359-2323 today or click here to fill our contact form. Let’s get you set up safely and efficiently.